Celebrating 70 years in business! Play Video
One of the most important accessories for a generator is a transfer switch. A transfer switch is an electrical switch that switches a load between two sources. Some transfer switches are manual, in that the operator affects the transfer by throwing a switch, while others are automatic and switch when they sense one of the sources has lost or gained power.
Failure to maintain your transfer switch leaves you susceptible to unnecessary downtime. Your standby generator won’t get called upon if your transfer switch hasn’t been properly maintained. Our transfer switch maintenance plan includes the following points of inspections to help ensure a reliable transfer of power to your generator. It is best practice to implement an ATS maintenance plan along with your generator maintenance.
Weld Power Generator technicians are trained to service all makes and models of transfer switches. In addition, we have rental switches and can assist in purchasing new equipment if necessary.
Transfer Switch Scope of Work
- Check The AC Line Voltage
- Use Voltage Meter to check that all the incoming power is correct.
- Use HZ Meter to check that all the HZ is correct.
- Look at the AC power line and check for discoloration
- Test all AC connections and adjust if needed.
Check The Generator Line Voltage
- Use the Voltage meter to check all the incoming power from the Generator is correct
- Use HZ Meter to check Generator HZ & adjust as needed.
- Look at Generator power lines and check for discoloration.
- Test all Generator power connections and adjust if needed.
Look Over all Control wires & relays
- Check the condition of all control wires
- Look at the condition of all control relays
- Test all control wires & relays, adjust if needed.
Check exercise clock
- Check & adjust exercise clock
Test ATS for proper operation
- Check for complete & proper operation
- Close power failure switch & record outcome
Clean internal & external of ATS
- Clean dust from ATS
- Clean any debris left on site
Submit completed inspection report
- Advise owner of any needed repairs
- Completed report submitted